In this online course, you will learn how to use Source-Connect Standard 3.9 in a professional context, including lessons on audio basics and simple networks.
Course time: 1-3 hours
Course requirements: Course content can be completed on a computer, phone, or tablet, however a using a computer is recommended for the end of course exam.
- Introduction to Source-Connect Standard 3.9
- Installing and Running Source-Connect for the first time
- Audio Basics for Source-Connect users
- Network Basics for Source-Connect users
- Quickstart guide for everyday use of Source-Connect
How to get started:
- Purchase this online course: Click through to the store using the button on the right. After successful payment, your course enrolment and access will be set up by our support staff and you will be emailed with information within 48 hours. If you don’t hear back within 48 hours, then feel free to reach out to our academy team at firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Get your knowledge certified: When you have completed the lessons and quizzes, there is an exam in two parts. Once you have passed the exam you will receive a certificate of learning that you can download.
3. Get your studio and connection certified: This is an optional step, free for a limited time only with purchase of this online course. When you have your certificate of learning, and have used your knowledge to set up Source-Connect and your studio correctly, please email email@example.com and we will arrange a time to test your connection and set-up. If you are set up satisfactorily, you will receive the “C” for Certification on your Source Elements account. This also puts you at the top of search results within the Source-Elements dashboard.
Optional Lesson Resources
Here are some helpful links relating to topics covered in this course.
- Source-Connect Product Page: https://source-elements.com/products/source-connect/
- Where to create a Source Elements account: https://phoenix.source-elements.com/phx/account
- Where to create an iLok account: http://ilok.com/
- Where to link your iLok account to your Source Elements account: https://phoenix.source-elements.com/dashboard/licenses/
- Support page containing detailed installation instructions: https://support.source-elements.com/show/downloading-and-installing-sourceconnect-39
- Support page containing detailed iLok activation instructions for when Source-Connect is first installed: https://support.source-elements.com/show/activating-your-license-with-ilok
- Support page instructions for moving iLok licences: https://support.source-elements.com/show/how-to-transfer-ilok-licenses-to-another-computer-or-device
- Support page for installation on Catalina Operating System: https://support.source-elements.com/show/sourceconnect-and-macos-catalina-1015
- Session parameters support page: https://support.source-elements.com/show/-setting-session-parameters-overview
- Bitrate Support Page: https://support.source-elements.com/show/setting-session-parameters-bitrate
- Q Manager comprehensive interface overview: https://support.source-elements.com/show/comprehensive-q-manager-interface-overview
- Port Forwarding Guide in PDF Format: https://academy.source-elements.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Port-Forwarding-Guide.pdf
- Where to add contacts in the Dashboard: https://phoenix.source-elements.com/dashboard/apps/source-connect/contacts/
- Quickstart Checklist in PDF format: https://academy.source-elements.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/QuickstartChecklist.pdf