In this brand new online course, you will learn about using Source-Connect Pro and Pro X 3.9 in a professional context, including lessons on networks, Q Manager, and using Source-Connect with your DAW via both Source-Connect Link and Source-Nexus.
Course time: 4-7 hours
Course requirements: The course content is browser based, so can be completed on a computer, phone, or tablet. However a computer is recommended for the end of course exam.
This course is aimed at Source-Connect Pro 3.9 and Source-Connect Pro X 3.9 users, but may be useful to other Source-Connect users as well.
- Understanding Source-Connect Pro and Pro X
- Using Source-Connect with your DAW
- Networks for Source-Connect Users
- Q Manager
- Best Practices for Source-Connect
Certification of your system: Optional extra, included free with purchase of this online course for a limited time only!
When you have your certificate and have used your knowledge to set up Source-Connect and your studio correctly, please email email@example.com and we will arrange a time to do a 5 point system check* If you are set up satisfactorily, you will receive the “C” for Certification on your Source Elements account. This puts you at the top of search results within the Source-Elements dashboard.
This is 5 point system check:
- You have completed the relevant online course.
- Your studio set-up is sufficient for recording over Source-Connect, or, if you are only sending audio, your audio sounds ok.
- You are using a hardwired internet connection.
- Your ports are open.
- You do not have any detectable packet loss problems when using Source-Connect.
If you do not pass the system check you will be given advice on how to improve. You can book to resit up to a maximum of three times. This system check is not a support booking.
Optional Lesson Resources
Here are some helpful links relating to topics covered in this course.
- Source-Connect product page: https://source-elements.com/products/source-connect/
- Where to create a Source Elements account: https://phoenix.source-elements.com/phx/account
- Where to create an iLok account: http://ilok.com/
- Where to link your iLok account to your Source Elements account: https://phoenix.source-elements.com/dashboard/licenses/
- Support page containing detailed iLok activation instructions for when Source-Connect is first installed: https://support.source-elements.com/show/activating-your-license-with-ilok
- Support page instructions for moving iLok licenses: https://support.source-elements.com/show/how-to-transfer-ilok-licenses-to-another-computer-or-device
- Source-Connect Link documentation: https://support.source-elements.com/show/sourceconnect-39-pro-sourceconnect-link
- Source-Connect Link sample sessions: https://support.source-elements.com/show/sample-sessions-for-sourceconnect-pro
- Source-Nexus example workflows: https://support.source-elements.com/show/example-workflows-for-sourcenexus-13
- Network Guides: https://support.source-elements.com/show/network-guide
- Port Forwarding Guide: https://academy.source-elements.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/07/Port-Forwarding-Guide.pdf
- Comprehensive Q Manager interface overview: https://support.source-elements.com/show/-comprehensive-q-manager-interface-overview-with-sourceconnect-39-pro
- Where to add contacts in the Dashboard: https://phoenix.source-elements.com/dashboard/apps/source-connect/contacts/
- Quickstart Checklist in PDF format: https://academy.source-elements.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/QuickstartChecklist.pdf